9/28/11

My brain is too small to learn

Look at my beautiful creation. Check out that pearling


This shows progress. It started off uneven and loose and it actually became something I'm proud of

Today was my last knitting class (insert frowny face here) and I’m ashamed to say that I didn’t do much knitting in between this class and last class.  Luckily it’s not the kind of class where you get reprimanded for not doing your homework.  What I discovered during these knitting classes is that my desire to knit actually outweighs my talent level at the moment.  I would LOVE to knit all of my clothes from here until the end of time, but I don’t think I have the patience to do it.  I need a project that I can either finish in a matter of hours, or at least be able to see real progress when its break time from the project.  Today in class some people had a pattern they wanted to try, and others learned different types of stitches, guess what Kia did? I continued with my basic stitch and then I re-learned things from last week that I’d forgotten in a 7 day period.  My brain is clearly too small to learn AND retain information. I couldn’t fathom tying to learn a pattern or a new stitch; I got frustrated just dealing with my tangled yarn ball.  I was batting at the tangled ball until a classmate named Paul (names have been changed) rescued me from myself and fixed it for me.  My goal with this class was to learn something new, get out of the house and make “something”.  I accomplished all 3 of those things so that makes me a success.  I’m glad I did it, I’m proud of myself and now I can confidently move on to cake baking.  In case you’re wondering what my “something” is in the picture, I can tell you that it’s a multi faceted item.  I’m wearing it as a wrist warmer but it can also be a leg warmer, a neck warmer (if you have a too skinny neck), a dusting cloth, a coaster or as anything your heart desires.  Anywhere in your home that you feel is lacking a colorful knit swatch, that's the place for my "something".  I'm going to frame this piece of artwork, and use it as a conversation piece in my home.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you could make a really nice knit pillow. Great addition to your couch for fall/winter or the chairs in the upstairs loft.

    ReplyDelete